Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Mail Exchange OUTGOING

I recently took part in fatmumslim's Happy Mail Exchange. 
I love physical mail,but in this day and age, with emails, texting etc, it's very rare to find something in your mail box that isn't a bill, so I thought this would be a bit of fun.

It was fun buying random things for a stranger.

The details for my recipient (Shantell) were that she liked to sew, girly things, gorgeous stationery, buttons, fabrics and anything from Japan. 
This is what I sent off


The first thing I though of was the current issue of mixtape
This is put together by one of my most awesomest friends and is a great read. 
The "cool, crafty set" have been onto this for a while and I wanted to share the joy.
I think I well and truly covered the "girly" quota. A gorgeous pink nail polish and some cute rose earrings (which I may have purchased a set for myself as well). 
There's also a small mirror and a kokeshi style keyring. There's also the sweetest smelling soy candle (peony mmm my favourite) and the candle holder has a japanese print around it.
I made some button flowers to decorate the items and also added a block of Lindt chocolate, wish I'd brought two of those. I finished it off with a T2 chamomile tea for some chill time. 

 

Shantell is also the mother of twin girls. So I threw in a little something for each of her girls.
Oh twins. My mum is a twin, when I first found out I was up the duff I so wanted twins.
In hindsight I'm so glad Sadie travelled solo, but there's always next time.

I hope Shantell liked her goodies, it was fun putting everything together

2 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda
    I got your package today!!!
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!
    Love it. the girls love their little parcels too, so sweet of you. I'm looking forward to my cuppa, choccie and a good read when the girls go down for a nap and then to paint my nails that gorgeous shade of pink....

    Thanks again and have a great day!!

    Shan xxxx

    PS i'm glad we're not strangers anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, glad you liked it. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete