Thursday, May 6, 2010

Starlight Starbright

 

I was discussing future work plans with my old boss a couple of weeks ago, she asked me if I had any plans to resume my previous role in the near future. 
I'm not, sure the perks were great but I am more than happy to have Sadie as my boss for a while longer (don't tell her she's the boss, I think I have her fooled).

This got me thinking about what I'd be doing with my time once she heads off to school (still a few years away yet) and I get past the water works. 
Ideally I'd like to continue (paid) work a couple of days a week and also do some volunteer work in between.
There are so many charities that need help, and so many that I would like to help but there's only so much time in the day and the Starlight Foundation is one I've always had a soft spot for. 
Especially now having a child of my own, I am so blessed, she's a healthy little munchkin.

I can't (and honestly don't want to) imagine what it must be like to be a parent with an ill child. The Starlight peeps aren't working on curing diseases, but what they do is put smiles on kids faces when they really need it.

So I jumped on their website to see what kind of things you can do and low and behold they were in need of people for Starlight Day. I didn't hesitate, I signed up straight away.
So tomorrow I'll be selling merchandise for Starlight Day and I am really looking forward to it.

Keep an eye out for the yellow and purple, if you don't happen to come across any sellers
you can donate on their site www.starlight.org.au


No comments:

Post a Comment