Monday, April 26, 2010

Meat Free Mondays



 Tonight at my place it's Meat Free Monday. 
Did you know that committing to a meat free meal once a week can help combat the fight against global warming? If you're interested red more here


For years I was a "semi-vegetarian". I would occasionally eat chicken and seafood but my main food source was vegies. I think I started eating meat again when I started living with a red blooded carnivore and couldn't resist just a little taste of spag bol.
Even as a young child I would favour vegetables over meat and it now seems that Sadie has very similar eating habits to me. For a while I was worried about her not getting enough meat, but she is perfectly healthy and there are plenty of children in the world that survive without meat altogether.

Last week I was excited to make the super yummy
Pumpkin and Chickpea curry , last time I made it Sadie had seconds .Last week she spat the first spoonful out and had a banana and naan bread for dinner. ARRGGGHHHHH!!!!
On the menu tonight is Baked Mushroom Risotto with some pumpkin added for colour.
Fingers crossed the kid eats it tonight. Worse case scenario - I've got a loaf of garlic bread and the fruit bowl is full!!!

Can I just add how ace is taste.com.au.
Goodbye cookbooks that take up precious shelf space, my trusting computer this chef's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment